DefenseReview.com owner/editor-in-chief David Crane demonstrates the FERFRANS Specialties SOAR (Special Operations Assault Rifle)
5.56x45mm NATO (5.56mm NATO)/.223 Rem. select-fire/full-Auto AR SBRs (Short Barreled Rifles)/subcarbines at the range. The two guns featured sport 10.5″ and 11.5″ barrels, respectively, operate via direct gas impingement (DGI), and utilize FERFRANS’ patented Rate Reduction System (RRS) which mechanically reduces the weapons’ cyclic rate of fire to below the 700 rpm threshold. This lowered cyclic rate significantly enhances the SOAR SBRs’ controllability on full-auto, allowing for precision/surgical full-auto fire during CQB / CQC (Close Quarters Battle / Close Quarters Combat). The Ferfrans RRS also reduces heat build-up and physical stress on critical components and parts during extensive full-auto fire.
Ferfrans SOAR SBRs were designed and developed specifically for military Special Operations and law enforcement SWAT end users, for urban warfare, jungle warfare and CQB/CQC applications. They’re ideal for Direct Action ops, Personal Security Detail (PSD) ops, and any/all other combat operations where fighting is likely to occur within medium distance.
The FERFRANS SOAR is available as either a complete weapon system or complete upper receiver assembly, depending on the customer’s needs and requirements.
FERFRANS Specialties also offers short-stroke gas piston/op-rod SOAR SBRs for clients that prefer or require piston-driven guns, but these piston-driven SOAR models are not featured in this video.
The 10.5″-barreled SOAR SBR featured in the video is outfitted with a few noteworthy tactical accessories/accoutrements:
- GRSC Combat Rifle Scope (CRS), which is a front focal plane (FFP) scope. The CRS utilizes a M4-62 GPCR tactical reticle, which allows you to intuitively measure distance by viewing the size of a human target in relation to the reticles upside-down horshoe shape, even when image magnification is used at longer ranges (up to 4X).
- A.R.M.S. S.I.R. Mil-Std-1913 “Picatinny” rail system/forend rail tube/handguards
- Grip Pod GPSO2 vertical foregrip/fast-deploy bipod by Grip Pod Systems (GPS). The Grip Pod provides the operator with greater combat capability and versatility because it allows him to go prone in an instant and continue fighting from a stable platform. The spring-loaded bipod deploys instantly with the push of a button.
- Vltor Modstock Basic Carbine Kit, which is a telescoping/collapsible carbine stock.
The 11.5″-barreled SOAR utilizes an Aimpoint CompM2-M68/CCO Red Dot combat optic instead of the GRSC CRS combat scope.
DefenseReview owner/editor-in-chief David Crane (demonstrator) is wearing a Liberator II Soldier System Tactical Headset System made by Tactical Command Industries, Inc. (TCI) and Oakley M Frame Strike a.k.a. “Strike Array” tactical eyepro (eye protection)/eyewear.
You can read more about the FERFRANS SOAR select-fire SBRs and some of the featured tactical accessories/accoutrements at the following links:
If you’re a military or law enforcement operator or procurement specialist, and are interested in receiving more information (including pricing info) on FERFRANS SOAR weapons packages for your unit/team, agency, or department, please contact David Crane via email at defrev (at) gmail (dot) com, and he will reply to you as soon as he can. Thank you.
DefenseReview is an online magazine covering the latest and greatest tactical, military defense, law enforcement, and security technologies from around the world.
Company Contact Info:
214 Calle Moreno
San Dimas, CA 91773
Search terms for the article:
- ferfrans, ferfrans soar price, ferfrans soar rifle price, grsc scope review, ferfrans soar special operations assault rifle, ferfrans soar vs m4, ferfrans price, special operation assault rifle, m4-62 reticle, ferfrans upper, grsc combat rifle scope, bushmaster ar 15 full auto kit, ferfrans soar distance, lynks scopesvor combat rifel, Convert ar15 to full auto m4