By David Crane
defrev (at) gmail (dot) com
All photos and video clips contained in this article were shot by DefenseReview.com (DR), and are copyrighted. DefenseReview.com owns the copyright on these materials. The photos and video clips were shot with a Canon PowerShot S90 10-megapixel digital camera (still camera with video capability).
December 22, 2011
Last updated on 1/02/12.
While DefenseReview (DR) was attending our good friend Mike Pannone’s (Michael Pannone’s)/CTT-Solutions’ (CTT-S) excellent tactical carbine course this past weekend, your humble correspondent had the opportunity to put the Adams Arms (AA) Evo Ultra-Lite (also written Ultralite) ultra-lightweight mid-Length 16″ (16-inch) gas piston/op-rod (push-type operating rod) AR (AR-15) carbine upper receiver, SureFire MAG5-60 60-shot “quad-stack” 4×2 box mag (4179 STANAG magazine), and Silver State Armory (SSA) M855-type 62gr FMJ 5.56x45mm NATO (5.56mm NATO) ammo through their respective paces, and they all ran superbly. We put approx. 1,000 rounds or so of the SSA 62-grainers through the AA Evo Ultralite upper–and the weapon/ammo combo ran like a champ! DR really likes this upper and ammo. The AA Evo Ultra-Lite upper is very smooth-shooting and optimizes bullet velocity and range due to AA’s special melonited 16″ barrel.
In the videos below, you can see me doing some running and stationary 3-1-1 (3 to the chest, 1 to the groin, 1 to the face/head) tactical shooting drills on multiple targets. Additional featured tactical equipment, gear and clothing rundown:
- EOTech EXPS3-2 HWS (Holographic Weapon Sight) Combat Optic/Optic Gunsight
- Vltor IMod (Improved Modstock) Telescoping Buttstock
- Daniel Defense (DD) Heavy Duty Push-Button Quick-Detach (QD) Sling Swivel
- TangoDown Stubby Vertical Grip (Vertical Foregrip) (BGV-MK46K)
- TangoDown Rifle Grip (Pistol Grip) (BG-16)
- 3M Peltor COMTAC III ACH “Next Generation Tactical Hearing Protector” Hearing Pro/Tactical Comms Headset
- Numa Tactical Chisel Ballistic Series Eyewear/Eyepro (Eye Protection/Tactical Sunglasses
- DRIFIRE FR (Flame-Resistant)/Moisture-Wicking Long-Sleeve T-Shirt (O.D. Green)
- EOTAC Vickers Combat Glove (Coyote Brown/Desert Tan)
- ITW Military Products FastMag 5.56mm/.223 Rem. Rifle Mag Carriers (Magazine Carriers)
- Hardpoint Equipment Maniple-I Tactical Armor Carrier with Integra-Sling Single-Point Sling (Tactical Sling) (Crye MultiCam Camo Pattern)
- Levi’s (Levi Strauss & Co.) 501 Button-Fly Jeans (Blue Jeans)
- New Balance (NB) Baddeley 890 Lightweight Running Shoes with REVlite Midsole Foam (Black/White)
- Blade-Tech/Wegner Professional Hunter Extreme CE/G10 Tactical Folder (right back pocket)
Editor’s Note: It should perhaps be mentioned that I was just wearing my Hardpoint Equipment Maniple-I Tactical Armor Plate Carrier system as a mag pouch carrier sans hard armor plates for the class, so I just fast-donned it and didn’t take the time to sandwich the side panels properly. That’s why they’re (side panels) uneven in the video clips.
Company Contact Info:
612 Florida Ave.
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Toll Free: 877-461-2572
Email Sales: [email protected]
Email Jim Granger: [email protected]
18300 Mount Baldy Circle
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Toll Free: 800-828-8809
Customer Service Email: [email protected]
International Sales Email: [email protected]
© Copyright 2011 DefenseReview.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without receiving permission and providing proper credit and appropriate links.
Adams Arms (AA) Tactical Evo Piston AR (AR-15/M16 Rifle / M4/M4A1 Carbine) Uppers (Upper Receivers) with Samson Evolution Rail System/Tactical Handguards for Martial Combat and Tactical Training (Videos!)
FERFRANS Rate Reduction System/Delayed Sear Activation System (RRS/DSAS)-Equipped Adams Arms (AA) Tactical Piston AR SBR/Sub-Carbine Upper Receivers Mounted on Colt M4A1 Carbine Select-Fire Lower: Full-Auto/Semi-Auto Range Test on Video!
Adams Arms (AA) Evo Ultralite Ultra-Light/Super-Lightweight Gas Piston/Op-Rod AR Carbine Upper Receiver Assemblies (Mid-Length and Carbine-Length) for 3-Gun Competition and Combat: Super-Accurate and Super-Fast!
Hardpoint Equipment (formerly Personal Protective Systems, or P2 Systems) Centurion Armor Maniple-I and Cohort-I Tactical Body Armor Carrier Systems: Advanced Hard Armor Plate Carrier/Tactical Vest Systems for Military Special Operations (SPECOPS), LE SWAT, and PSD Ops (Photos & Video)