By David Crane
defrev (at) gmail (dot) com
All photos contained in this article were taken by DefenseReview.com (DR), and are copyrighted. DefenseReview.com owns the copyright on these photos. The photos were shot with a Canon PowerShot S90 10-megapixel digital camera (still camera with video capability).
The following article is property of DefenseReview.com (DR) and is copyrighted material. If you are reading this article on another website other than DefenseReview.com, please email us the website address/URL (where the unauthorized DR article reprint is located) at defrev (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you.
October 23, 2012
DefenseReview (DR) has been following the Micor Defense Leader 50 .50BMG anti-materiel/sniper rifle's development since it's inception. Our last piece on it was in June 2011 after NDIA Infantry Small Arms Systems Symposium 2011 in Indianapolis, where it was displayed.
While you're at the PNW Arms website, you might also want to take a look at the DSG Technology/PNW Arms TacOps (Tactical Operations), Super-Cavitation/Underwater and Cold Tracer ammo.
Defense Review has received the following updated information on the Leader 50 .50 BMG sniper rifle from Micor Defense:
- 40" overall length with a 24" chrome moly mil-spec barrel
- Weight less than 20 lbs empty
- Aluminum alloy hard coat finished upper receiver
- Rubber over molded buttplate
- Titanium Micor Muzzle Brake
- 10 round magazine with a quick vertical insertion design
- Adustable rear mono-pod
- Bolt, bolt carrier, and barrel extension made from maraging steel
- Unique Linear hammer and gas system, minimizes muzzle climb
- Non reciprocating charging handle
- Only 50 bmg semi auto weapon with a dust cover
- Averaging 2,800 Feet Per Second Velocity using M33 Ball Ammo
- Gas-operated short stroke piston
- High strength maraging steel used for the breech mechanism
- Dust cover minimizes dirt and debris entering the action
- 10-round detachable box magazine of proprietary design
- Chrome Vanadium MIL-SPEC barrel
- Low recoil impulse
- Lightweight weapon, easier for users to handle.
- Can be discharged from positions other than prone.
- Shorter length optimizes rapid deployment from vehicles.
- Compact size makes it easier to store inside vehicles or vessels.
- Allows for multiple shots on rapidly moving targets."
Company Contact Info:
MICOR Defense, Inc.
P.O. Box 2175
Decatur, AL 35602
Email Contact Form: https://micordefense.3dcartstores.com/crm.asp?action=contactus
Leader 50 Rifle Page: http://www.micordefense.com/Leader-50trade_ep_41.html
Charles St George, President
Email: [email protected]
PNW Arms LLC
1085 12th Ave NW STE D9
Issaquah, WA 98027
Phone: 855.PNWARMS (855.768.2767)
Toll free 425.651.4100
Email Sales: [email protected]
Email Customer Service: [email protected]
© Copyright 2012 DefenseReview.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without receiving permission and providing proper credit and appropriate links.
MICOR Defense Leader 50 Ultra-Compact, Lightweight Bullpup Semi-Auto .50 BMG (12.7x99mm NATO) Sniper/Anti-Materiel Rifle and PNW Arms Weapons Science .50BMG Ammo at NDIA Infantry Small Arms Systems Symposium 2011: Potential Long-Range Lethality Game-Changer Combo for 21st Century Infantry Warfare (Photos and Video!)
DSG Technology/PNW Arms Multi-Environment Ammunition (MEA) Solid-Copper General Purpose Supercavitating (GPS) and Tungsten Penetrator-Tipped Dual-Core Supercavitating (DCS) Armor-Piercing/Armor-Penetrating (AP) Rounds/Bullets: Sub-Aqua/Underwater Rifle Ammo Goes into Production in USA (Video!)
DR Exclusive! Revolutionary DSG Technology Supercavitating Rifle Ammo for Shooting Underwater (Tactical Underwater Shooting), from Air to Water, and from Water to Air: Amphibious Multi-Environment Ammunition (MEA) for Tactical Waterborne Operations (Photos and Video!)
Leader 50 BMG Revolutionary Ultra-Compact and Lightweight Semi-Auto Bullpup .50 BMG (12.7×99mm NATO) Anti-Materiel/Sniper Rifle for Military Special Operations Forces (SOF) and Civilian Tactical Shooters: Coming Soon to a Theater of Operations and Shooting Range Near You?