By David Crane
david (at) defensereview (dot) com
December 12, 2016
Last updated on 12/17/16.
Speaking of interesting all-terrain combat/tactical motorcycles/motorbikes for military Special Operations Forces (SOF) missions shown at SOFIC (Special Operations Forces Industry Conference) 2016, DefenseReview (DR) also ran across one Lt. Col. Jeff Givens (Ret.) at the show, and he was kind enough to take us through the MOTOPED Survival Bike, which is a motorized mountain bike/motorcycle that gives the military SOF assaulter/operator riding it a midway product between a standard mountain bike and the rather badass-looking Logos Technologies Silenthawk Hybrid-Electric, Multi-Fuel Military Motorcycle for combat missions.
You can choose among variously-powered engines which give you various power, speed and distance capabilities. Lt. Col. (Ret.) Givens goes through all of that in the embedded DR video below. Interestingly, though, some of the engine options Mr. Givens discusses with us are differnen than wat’s listed on the MOTOPED Survival Bike page on the company’s website.
Defense Review would opt for the biggest engine with the most power and speed (and hopefully distance), but that’s just us.
The following information comes directly from the MOTOPED website:
A utilitarian, military-inspired super-hauler, it comes outfitted with a universal rack that accepts a myriad of bolt-on mounts, harnesses, and fitments so you can pack along darned near anything you can imagine.
A primary fuel tank plus the added fuel from two optional red side-mounted fuel tanks will take you 250 to 300 miles without a fill-up. That’s a good thing when you’re traveling through the desert on a horse with no name. . .
This bike was built for the creative survivalist. Apply your favorite gear and escape with your life. For inspiration, check out the limited edition Black Ops version we’ve created.
MOTOPED® your own way, rebel, and don’t look back.
How will you MOTOPED®?
– Patented Jackshaft Pedal Drive System
– Forged Aluminum Crank Arms
– DNM Adjustable Front and Rear Suspension (6″ active travel)
– 4130 Chromoly Single Tube Frame
– Double Heat Treated 6061 Aluminum Swing Arm
– 22″ by 6″ Aluminum Rear Rack (30 lbs. max load)
– Hayes 9″ Hydraulic Front and Rear Disc Brakes
– Durable 24″ and 26″ wheels with a wider, thicker, dual wall design
– Rotopax 1 Gallon Storage Tanks (2)
– Custom Motoped Performace Rear Hub
– Engine Displacement – 49cc / 125cc
– Max Horsepower – 49cc – 2.0 HP @ 7500 RPM / 125cc – 7.78 @ 7500 RPM
– Max Torque – 49cc – 1.70 ft-lbs @ 5500 RPM / 125cc – 6 ft-lbs @ 5000 RPM
– Starter Type – 49cc – Electric / 125cc – Electric & Kickstart
– Front Suspension – 3-way Adjustable DNM Forks (6″ travel or optional 8″ travel)
– Rear Suspension – 2-Way Adjustable DNM Shock
– Brakes – Hayes Prime DH Hydraulic 4 Piston Calipers with 224mm (9″) Rotors
– Rim Size – Alex Rims 26″ Front and 24″ Rear
– Wheelbase – 52″
– Seat Height – 32″ (Standard – 6″ travel) 34″ (Optional – 8″ travel)
– Max Speed – 24 MPH
– Unit Weight – 132 lbs.
Company Contact Info:
© Copyright 2016 DefenseReview.com (DR). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without receiving permission and providing proper credit and appropriate links. If you are reading this article anywhere other than DefenseReview.com, please email us the website address/URL (where the unauthorized DR article reprint is located) at defrev (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you.
All embedded DefenseReview.com (DR) photos and videos were shot by DR with an Apple iPhone 6s Plus smartphone still/video camera.
Logos Technologies SilentHawk (also writte Silent Hawk) Hybrid-Electric Military Motorcycle: Flex-Fuel/Multi-Fuel All-Wheel-Drive/All-Terrain Motocross-Type Quiet Bike for Special Operations Forces (SOF) Missions!
Polaris Defense DAGOR Ultra-Light Combat Vehicle (ULCV): Air-Droppable/Transportable Weaponized Fast All-Terrain/Off-Road Fast-Attack Vehicle for Special Operations Forces (SOF) Missions
S&S Precison Stalker MPTV (Multi-Purpose Tactical Vehicle) Powered Parafoil Combat Assault Vehicle Aircraft/Ground Vehicle for Military Special Operations Forces (SOF): Up to 156 MPH on Land, and 61 Knots in the Air! (Photos!)
BC Customs (BCC) Search and Rescue Tactical Vehicle-5 (SRTV-5) Baja Racing-Type All-Terrain Combat Vehicle Armed/Weaponized with 7.62mm NATO Garwood Industries (GI) M134G Minigun/Gatling Gun: SXOR Mobility Vehicles Go Tactical for Military Special Operations Forces (SOF) Missions
Flyer Defense/General Dynamics GDOTS Flyer Advanced Light Strike Vehicle (ALSV) All-Terrain Fast-Attack Vehicle with Optional Ceradyne Vehicle Armor Package: Modular Armored/Unarmored Tactical Vehicle/Combat Vehicle for Military Special Operations Forces (SOF) Missions