By David Crane
defrev (at) gmail (dot) com
May 24, 2010
Well, it looks like a classic jut got a little better, or at least a little quieter. Remington Firearms just introduced the Remington Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD sound-suppressed bolt-action sniper rifle system, which is essentially a product-improved/upgraded Remington Model 700 SPS Tactical rifle that’s been threaded to accept an AAC (Advanced Armament Corporation) or any other 5/8-24 muzzle can (silencer/sound suppressor). The Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD’s barrel twist is 1-in-10″ vs. the Model 700 SPS Tactical’s 1-in-12″ barrel twist.
- 308 Win with 20” Heavy Barrel with 5/8-24 Threaded Muzzle
- Shipped with Thread Protector Installed
- Accepts AAC and other 5/8-24 Threaded Flash Hiders, Muzzle Brake and Suppressors
- 1 in 10″ Rate of Twist for 168 grain (168gr)-220 grain (220gr) Bullets and Sub-Sonic Loads
- Hogue® Overmolded Ghillie Green™ Pillar Bedded Stock
- X-Mark Pro ® Externally Adjustable Trigger Set at 3.5 Pounds
- AAC Suppressor and Leupold Mark IV Scope, Base and Rings not included
Here’s the company literature on the X-Mark Pro Trigger System:
It breaks like glass, has virtually zero creep and offers a level of shot control unmatched by any factory trigger today.
The X-Mark Pro™ Trigger delivers true custom-grade performance in a production trigger, and for 2009 is user-adjustable with readily available tools. Not that you’ll feel the need. This year’s version will also come from the factory with a lighter average pull weight – 3 1/2 with 2 lbs. range of adjustment. While others use gadgets and add-ons to hide inconsistencies, Remington eliminates them with state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques and the tightest possible production tolerances.
A mirror-like finish on its components enhances corrosion resistance and adds to its breaks-like-glass feel. The externally adjustable X-Mark Pro Trigger is now standard equipment on new Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles.
MSRP: $757.00 (AAC® Suppressor and Leupold® Mark IV Scope, Base and Rings not included)
Company Contact Info:
Photo(s) Credit: Remington
Hat Tip: Rob Silvers