By David Crane
defrev (at) gmail (dot) com
All photo and video content contained in this article was shot by DefenseReview.com, and is copyrighted. DefenseReview.com owns the copyright on all photo and video content. All DR photos and videos were shot with a Sony Cyber-shot RX100 (DSC-RX100/B) Digital Camera with 20.2 MP (20.2-megapixel) still camera and 1080p HD video camera capability.
The following article is property of DefenseReview.com (DR) and is copyrighted material. If you are reading this article on another website other than DefenseReview.com, please email us the website address/URL (where the unauthorized DR article reprint is located) at defrev (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you
November 26, 2013
Towards the end of SHOT Show 2013, one of DefenseReview's (DR) contacts told us we should take a look at the Rogue Gunfighter (RG) LVR (Lo-Vis Rig) tactical armor plate carrier/tactical vest, so we high-tailed it over there and shot some quick photos and video. And, we're glad we did, since it's an interesing system.
The RG LVR lo-pro plate carrier was designed and developed around (i.e., to integrate with) the High Threat Concealment (HTC) Low Profile System (LPS) (which we covered in the previous article) for lo-pro/lo-vis tactical ops like military PSD (Personal Security Detail), but this aspect isn't the only noteworthy thing about it. The LVR's pouch system, including the double kangaroo pouch (for 5.56mm AR rifle mags) and radio pouch, appears well-designed, as does the Clip-In LVR Chest Rig for carrying additional rifle mags (magazines). The RG LVR plate carrier appears to be very comfortable.
The Rogue Gunfighter Clip-In LVR Chest Rig (fast-attach) is modular, sports MOLLE, and fast-attaches via Fastech buckles and hook and loop attachment, and would appear to attach securely. It also features a carrying handle for deploying it quickly from under a vehicle seat for vehicle ops. At the bottom-front of both shoulder straps are tie-in D-rings for attaching a single-point sling (tactical rifle sling).
Side Note: One of the RG LVR rigs Defense Review saw at the booth sported what appeared to be an Orion Design Group (ODG) desert camo pattern which may be the ODG ODTDM-2 arid-environment pattern, but we're not sure.
The following LVR information comes directly from the Rogue Gunfighter website:
"The Rogue Gunfighter LVR is designed to be a light weight armor carrier capable of loading out various items in a pouch-cummerbund intergraded design that excludes the need for multiple Molle pouches.
- Fully adjustable radio pouch
- Removable Kangaroo two-mag pouch
- Modular Molle chest rig
- Removable padded shoulder straps.
- Weight is approximately 3.2 lbs without soft armor and 6.5 lbs with the RG soft armor package
- Vest has communication routing channels front and back allowing the user to configure wires neatly and securely.
- Vest cummerbund is made of 5” knitted elastic stretch material for comfort and flexibility while allowing maximum breathability and heat transfer.
– Shoulder straps are adjustable with a heavy duty D-ring secured at front base for rigging options.
- Cummerbund has 1/8” bungee round elastic securing straps on each pouch division to keep gear in place while stored in the pockets. Elastic cord straps are removable if not needed. The secure straps utilize a small low profile pull tab that is unique to the slim design.
- Rear vest panel has a built in admin pocket to store small items in a flap covered pocket Drag handle for evac.
- LVR chest rig can be quickly attached and detached for added molle pouch configurations.
- LVR radio pouch is designed to be ambidextrous and can attach to both sides of front panel via Velcro.
- Shoulder straps are a removable pad made of breathable material for added comfort.
- Kangaroo Two Magazine pouch is an added pouch insert for the front kangaroo pocket allowing the storage of two rifle magazine clips M4/M16 30 round.
- Will except most trauma stand alone plates and is shaped to receive the RG Cut soft armor IIIA inserts."
Rogue Gunfighter Low Vis Rig (LVR) Features (PDF Format)
(Slightly Modified) Info from LVR features document:
- One Size fits most
- Currently available in Ranger Green & coyote tan
- Accepts RG LVR soft armor cut
- Fully Adjustable plate hangers
- ONLY Weighs ±3.5 lbs.
- Rings for Sling or additional accessory attachments
- Removable double kangaroo pouch in the front panel
- 5” Elastic Cummerbund allows for snug fit and infinite adjustments
- Wire channels run through the entire front & back panels for lots of wire stowage room.
- Up to 10 Mags fit in the adj. elastic pouches, secured by 1/8” bungee cord – smokes, bangs, 7.62mm NATO/.308 Win. mags, M4 5.56mm NATO/.223 Rem. mags, & 7.62x39mm Russian AK mags all will fit
- Removable shoulder straps for added comfort
- Full size admin pocket & plenty of placard room
- Fast Clip in Molle chest rig system
- Radio pouch adjusts to where you like it–dog eared for left or right side.
- Rear Drag Handle – Rear–admin panel & single Molle strip for extra gear
- Drainage holes in mag holders for ease of cleaning and quicker drying"
Company Contact Info:
Rogue Gunfighter (RG)
815A Brazos St #657
Austin, TX 78701
Email Contact Page: http://www.roguegunfighter.com/index.php/about/contact-us
RG Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/roguegunfighter
© Copyright 2013 DefenseReview.com. All rights reserved. This content/material may not be republished, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without first receiving permission and providing proper credit and appropriate links.
LWRCI SIX8 M6.8-UCIW (Ultra-Compact Individual Weapon) 8.5″ 6.8 SPC Tactical Piston AR-15 SBR/PDW (Short Barreled Rifle/Personal Defense Weapon) and M6.8-A2 Piston AR Carbine with Fully-Ambidextrous Lower Receiver/Ambi Controls (Video!)
Blue Force Gear (BFG) PLATEminus Ultra-Lightweight Low-Profile/Low-Visibility Tactical Armor Plate Carrier and BELTminus and SPLITminus Battle Belt/Chest Rig/Harness Systems with MOLLEminus Cutaway MOLLE System and ULTRAcomp Laminate: Tactical Body Armor Goes Super-Minimalist
US Palm Draco Hardened Backpack (HBP Tactical Pack)/Multi-Platform Attack Rack (MPAR) Tactical Armor Plate Carrier (Body Armor) System with “Enhanced Harness System” (EHS) Collar: Meet the Agile Combat System (ACS) (Video!)
S&S Precision Plate Frame Tactical Armor Plate Carrier (Tactical and Maritime Models) with RF Welding and Velocity Systems Phalanx VS-PBZ 7.62x39mm API (BZ) Hard Armor Plate at SHOT Show 2012: Low-Profile/Minimalist Military Body Armor Goes Even More Lo-Pro (Video!)
ArmorWorks Modular Plate Carrier (MPC): Scalable High-Tech Minimalist/Low-Profile Tactical Armor Plate Carrier (Military Body Armor) with SOURCE Tactical Hydration/Water Bladder System and Super-Strong Polymer Non-MOLLE MOLLE/PALS Webbing System and Shoulder Straps at SHOT Show 2012 (Video!)
Orion Design Group (ODG) ODTDM-2 Arid-Environment/Multi-Environment/Multi-Terrain/Multispectral Military Combat Camo (Camouflage) Pattern/”Individual Signature Management” Technology Makes Cover of SureFire “Combat Tactics” Magazine Fall 2011 Issue (Photo!)