By David Crane
defrev (at) gmail (dot) com
All photos and video clips contained in this article were shot by DefenseReview.com, and are copyrighted. DefenseReview.com owns the copyright on these photos and video clips. The photos and video clips embedded below were shot with a Canon PowerShot S90 10-megapixel digital camera (still camera with video capability).
The following article is property of DefenseReview.com (DR) and is copyrighted material. If you are reading this article on another website other than DefenseReview.com, please email us the website address/URL (where the unauthorized DR article reprint is located) at defrev (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you.
June 3, 2012
Last Friday, DefenseReview (DR) received a heads-up email from our good friend Rich Cabral (Richard Cabral) stating that the upcoming issue SWAT Magazine, being released this week, will feature an article on the Short Rifle Stock System SRSS BullDog 762 Gen-4 16" bullpup M14/M1A 7.62mm NATO (7.62x51mm NATO)/.308 Win. battle rifle/carbine by one Chris Adams. As it happens, DR has fired two previous-gen versions of the BullDog762 at the range, published a couple of articles on the BullDog 762 Gen-3, published a piece on the BullDog762 Gen-2, and we shot some impromptu photos of the BulldDog762 Gen-4 with a GRSC CRS-16 M4-62 tactical scope mounted on it at SHOT Show 2012 when we ran into Cabral and FrogLube CEO Larry Lasky walking the floor in one of the exhibition halls.
It's Defense Review's understanding that earlier developmental prototype versions of the BullDog 762 bullpup have received some very positive feedback from Special Operations Forces (SOF) assaulter/operators who have test and evaluated them. One of these earlier versions was the BullDog 762 Gen-2 battle rifle/carbine, which was utilized by a SOF assaulter/operator in Afghanistan a few years back.
DefenseReview looks forward to running the BullDog762 Gen-4 bullpup M14/M1A battle rifle/carbine at the range as soon as possible. In the meantime, enjoy the embedded photos.
The following information comes from the BullDog762 Gen-4 bullpup M14/M1A battle rifle/carbine brochure/data sheet:
M14/M1A SHORT RIFLE CONVERSION
The BullDog 762TM Gen-4 faithfully adheres to a simple philosophy: The only good enemy is dead.
Harsh? Not if you’re soldiering in harm’s way or if the enemy doesn’t give a crap about your values and the reasons you’re deployed.
Designed and manufactured by warfighters from every branch of the Armed Services – soldiers who understand your challenge and have walked in your boots before – the BullDog 762TM Gen-4 combines firepower and maneuverability in equally lethal portions.
CQB? You bet! Designated Marksman Accuracy? Of course! Fast and simple replacement of any M14 or M1A rifle stock? In a heartbeat!
With patent pending safety features, two-stage trigger feel, an adjustable trigger rod length for the perfect trigger, 15” Picatinny Top Rail, 7” Picatinny Bottom Rail and 4” Picatinny Side Rails, the BullDog 762TM Gen-4 favorably alters the balance of firepower wherever it is deployed. The BullDog 762TM fits Inch or Metric rifles and converts in less than an hour without gunsmithing.
Visit our web site and check out The US Army Future WarFighters commercial featuring the BullDog 762TMGen-4. Or contact us now for more information.
- Close Quarter Battle
- Designated Marksman Accuracy
- Super Compact
- No Gunsmithing
- Approved for Multi-Mission All-Theater Deployment
- [BullPup Receiver Configuration]
- One-piece ultra light-weight 15 inch Picatinny rail
- 6 o'clock 7.100” Picatinny rail
- 3 o'clock 3.500” Picatinny rail
- 9 o'clock right side: Picatinny Rail 3.5 inches long (can be moved back one hole giving access to gas valve)
- Trigger curvature designed for the perfect fit, with or without gloves
- Improved trigger guard with increased area for gloves.
- Ambidexterous Safety. Up for SAFE, Forward to FIRE
- Safety Lever with patented Lever
- Easy access to Mag Release
- Improved Bolt Release for easy access (available 2012)
- Radius for improved cheek weld.
- Crinkle coated texture to reduce hot and cold transfer to face
- Thermold 20 round Magazine for the BullDog 762 G4
- New Butt Plate design threaded at 6 o'clock for monopod (available 2012)
- M14 Cheek Panel, also available in M1A with no selector opening
- 10-32 thread for sling swivel attachments
- Bull Frog 762 [also written BullFrog 762 or BullFrog762] accessory package for the left-handed shooters (available 2012)"
Company Contact Info:
© Copyright 2012 DefenseReview.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without receiving permission and providing proper credit and appropriate links.
Desert Tactical Arms DTA HTI (Hard Target Interdiction) Sniper Rifle Chassis/DTA HTI Conversion Kit Modular Bullpup, Bolt-Action .50 BMG/.416 Barrett/.408 Cheytac/.375 Cheytac Anti-Materiel/Sniper Rifle System Goes Into Production for Civilian Tactical Shooters and Military Special Operations Forces (SOF) Tasked with Long-Range Interdiction Operations/Missions (Video!)
MICOR Defense Leader 50 Ultra-Compact, Lightweight Bullpup Semi-Auto .50 BMG (12.7x99mm NATO) Sniper/Anti-Materiel Rifle and PNW Arms Weapons Science .50BMG Ammo at NDIA Infantry Small Arms Systems Symposium 2011: Potential Long-Range Lethality Game-Changer Combo for 21st Century Infantry Warfare (Photos and Video!)