By David Crane
defrev (at) gmail (dot) com
All photos and the first two (top two) video clips contained in this article were shot by DefenseReview.com, and are copyrighted. DefenseReview.com owns the copyright on these photos and first two video clips. The DR photos and video clips embedded below were shot with a Canon PowerShot S90 10-megapixel digital camera (still camera with video capability).
The following article is property of DefenseReview.com (DR) and is copyrighted material. If you are reading this article on another website other than DefenseReview.com, please email us the website address/URL (where the unauthorized DR article reprint is located) at defrev (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you.
October 1, 2012
While DefenseReview (DR) is on the subject of Troy Industries products displayed at NDIA Special Operations Forces Industry Conference 2012 (SOFIC 2012), we should probably also mention the Troy M7 Upper Reciever "Upgrade Kit" which combines with the end-user's select-fire (full-auto) M4/M4A1-type lower receiver or semi-auto-only AR-15 lower to create a cool little tactical AR-15 SBR (Short Barrel Rifle)/sub-carbine.
The Troy M7 Upper Receiver Upgrade Kit comes with:
- M7 Upper Receiver (Only) – M4 Military Bolt Carrier Assembly – M4 Flat Top receiver with extended M4 feed ramps
- Charging handle
- High performance chrome moly vanadium steel 7.5″ melonite coated barrel with a 1:7 RH twist
- Pinned low-profile gas block and tube
- Troy Claymore Linear Muzzle Brake
- Troy TRX Extreme Handguard w/QD Rails (soon to be upgraded to the Troy Alpha Rail System, according to DR embedded video)
- Troy Modular Combat Grip (Front BattleGrip)
- Troy Battle Ax CQB Grip (Pistol Grip)
- Troy Battle Ax CQB Light Weight Stock (Buttstock) and Receiver Extension with Castle Nut and H2 Buffer and Action Spring
- Troy Flip-Up/Folding BUIS: DOA (Di-Optic Aperature) Rear Folding Sight & Tritium M4 Folding Front Sight (With adjustment tool)
- Shipped with (7) Troy BattleMag 30-Round Magazines (4179 STANAG)
- Note: For use with H or H2 Buffer only – not included. (Photo for illustration purposes, lower receiver, grip, magazine, receiver extension, stock, buffer and buffer spring not included.)
- Available Colors: Flat Dark Earth (FDE), Black
- MSRP: $1,525.00 USD
Defense Review would of course want to add a FERFRANS DSAS/RRS (Delayed Sear Activation System/Rate Reduction System) bolt carrier group (BCG) to any select-fire/full-auto SBR or carbine to lower the weapon's cyclic rate of fire (ROF) and enhance it's full-auto controllability, reliability and durability. The Ferfrans RRS/DSAS eliminates dreaded bolt bounce.
Company Contact Info:
Sales Email: email@example.com
Technical Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Email: email@example.com
© Copyright 2012 DefenseReview.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without receiving permission and providing proper credit and appropriate links.
Troy Industries Powered Rail System and Tactical Rifle Accessories for Tactical AR Rifles/Carbines/SBRs: Centrally-Powered Integrated Tactical Aiming Laser Battle Sight Mount and 45-Degree Mini-Red Dot Sight Mount (DR Exclusive!)
ARES Defense Systems ARES-16 AMG-2/MCR (Assault Machine Gun-2/Mission-Configurable Rifle) Dual-Feed AR Machine Gun and ARES-16 AMG/MCR Mag-Fed SBR/Sub-Carbine for Military Special Operations Forces (SOF), Law Enforcement and Civilian Tactical Shooters (Video!)
FERFRANS SOAR-P Upper Receiver Setup with Rate Reduction System/Delayed Sear Activation System (RRS/DSAS) Versus Stock Adams Arms (AA) Tactical Piston AR SBR/Sub-Carbine Upper Receivers Mounted on Colt M4A1 Carbine Select-Fire Lower: Full-Auto/Semi-Auto Range Test on Video!